Home > Hotels > MGM China delays opening $3.4 billion Cotai casino resort for 4th time

MGM China delays opening $3.4 billion Cotai casino resort for 4th time

01/26/2018| 10:13:49 AM|

Company says it is still going through an administrative approval process, and expects the resort to open in February.

MGM China Holdings, one of Macau’s six major casino operators, has delayed for a fourth time the opening of its much anticipated USD 3.4 billion new resort, MGM Cotai, saying it was still going through an administrative approval process.

The company’s second integrated casino, hotel and entertainment complex in Macau, MGM Cotai was originally scheduled to open on January 29, and invitations to the opening ceremony had already been sent out.

The complex was first scheduled for opening in 2016, a date that was pushed back to the first half of 2017 and then to the second half of 2017, before the company announced in September last year the date would be January 29.

“The company is going through the administrative approval process of obtaining relevant licences to operate MGM Cotai,” MGM China said in a filing to the Hong Kong stock exchange. “As a result, it is now expected that the public opening date of MGM Cotai will be within the month of February 2018.”

In a separate statement, MGM China said it was “working closely with the Macau government” on the issue.

Read Original Article

TAGS: MGM | Macao
©2017 广州力矩资讯科技有限公司 粤ICP备06070077号-2
Tell us more about yourself!